By moving stagnant energy in the acupuncture meridians, endorphins are released reducing pain, increasing the immune system, blood flow is increased, blood pressure and hormonal levels are balanced and inflammation is decreased.
When beginning Acupuncture the body and mind can then go into a deep state of relaxation, emotions become easier to process. With proper treatment balance can return to your life and the natural process of healing begins.
While acupuncture in the United States has frequently been associated with pain control, it has much broader applications. Acupuncture can be effective as the only treatment or in conjunction with conventional medical therapies.
Acupuncture treats but is not limited to the following:
- Chronic and Acute Pain – Injuries, headaches, neck and back pain, tendonitis, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Neurological Disorders – Post-stroke recover, Bell’s Palsy & Trigeminal Neuralgia, movement disorders
- Upper Respiratory Disorders – Asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinusitis, sore throat, laryngitis, colds and flu
- Digestive Disorders – Irritable bowel, colitis, constipation, diarrhea, gastritis, heartburn, food allergies, ulcers
- Urinary and Reproductive Disorders – Cystitis, menstrual cramps, irregular or heavy periods, infertility, menopausal symptoms
- Immune Function – Recurrent infections, supportive treatment for cancer and AIDS patients
- Addictions – Addictions to nicotine, alcohol and drugs
- Eye and Ear Disorders – Tinnitus, Meniere’s disease
- Depression, Anxiety & Insomnia
Where do the needles get placed?
Our Toms River Acupuncturists rely on a system of meridians, lines of energy which flow through the body. There are 12 major meridians and eight minor ones, and acupuncture needles will be placed at various points in these meridians to harmonize energy. Each meridian is associated with a particular organ, each organ is considered responsible for different symptoms which can be treated with acupuncture at specific points.
Our Toms River Acupuncturist use charts and established anatomical features to find acupuncture points and meridians on their patients. There are hundreds of such points, with many in common use by most acupuncturists.
Do you struggle with back pain, neck pain, migraines, stress or anxiety?
If you want a treatment specifically tailored to your needs and main symptoms, you have come to the right place. We do not use the same treatment on all patients. Our services do not take a “cookie cutter” approach. Your treatment will be individualized and precisely tailored to your needs and objectives. This is not true for all acupuncturists.
When you begin a session with me, besides listening intently to your “Story” which helps me determine what is going on in your life, the Acugraph Software program lets me find the root cause of your pain and focus specifically to what’s really happening within your body. It also gives me a treatment protocol that allows me to help you at a whole other level than a typical acupuncturist session.
Once I have this vital information I attack the root cause of your pain using a variety of tools such as:
- Acupuncture Needles
- Jade Vitality Infrared Heat Blanket in all 3 of my treatment rooms-Its The Healthy Heat
- Ion Pumping Cords (which allows me to more effectively move energy from where its high to where its low and needed)
- Rapid Release Therapy
- Auriculotherapy using my PointOSelect tool that finds active points in your ear and than treats them. Ear acupuncture is a highly effective means of getting much better results from your treatment
I challenge you to find another acupuncturist anywhere that incorporates all of the above, if needed, on EVERY one of their patients, that’s why my patients get positive results, faster.*
*Individual results will vary. No guarantee of specific results is warranted or implied and your results will vary depending on many factors. Please call 732-503-4079 to schedule your free consultation.
Myth: Acupuncturists use 100 needles during a treatment.
Fact: During an Acupuncture session you should only be treated with 8 to 15 needles.
Myth: Acupuncture needles can transfer diseases like AIDS and hepatitis from individual to individual.
Fact: Each needle is sterile and only used one time and then disposed of. Therefore there is no risk of these diseases being transmitted.
Myth: My insurance won’t cover acupuncture, so I can’t afford to try it.
Fact: Don’t be so sure about that! There has been a sudden increase in coverage for acupuncture treatment. Check with your insurance provider.
Myth: Acupuncturists aren’t licensed medical professionals.
Fact: Acupuncturists are licensed regulated professionals. To be licensed in New Jersey, acupuncturists must complete a 3 to 4-year graduate program in acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and pass a national and state certification.